There are times you want to see the wifi password that is connected to your laptop because you forgot the wifi password. To see and know the wifi password, the way is simple and easy to do even for the layman though.
In this discussion, I will discuss about how to see the wifi password in Windows 10. However, you have to remember that this tutorial is not to break the password or the like but just see the password that has been stored or already connected on our laptop only.
How to view passwords in Windows 10 is not only applicable to Windows 10 only but you can apply it in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7. Here I will give two ways to see the wifi password is through Network and Sharing Center and Command Prompt. For more details, see the explanation below.
A. Through Network and Sharing Center
1. Look for WiFi icon in the top right corner of your Windows 10 taskbar. Then, right click and select Open Network and Sharing Center as shown below.
Or you can use control panel by open control panel then click Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center as shown below.
2. Next, choose the WiFi connection you want to know the password.
3. After the Wifi Status window appears, select the Wireless Properties button.
4. After the Wireless Network Properties window opens, select the Security tab.
5. Finally, to see the WiFi password connected to your laptop in Windows 10, check the Show characters box. Then, automatically the WiFi password will be visible.
B. Through Command Prompt (CMD)
1. Open the Command Prompt as administrator via Power User Task Menu by hovering the cursor to the bottom left corner then right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Then, type the command:
netsh wlan show profiles
on Command Prompt as shown below.
3. After you run the command it will appear several SSID ever connected or connected to your laptop or computer as shown below.
4. Next, to know the password of Wi-Fi on a particular SSID, type :
netsh wlan show profile name = "SSID name" key = clear
And press Enter to execute the command. See the example in the picture below where the SSID name I use is BDG-94.
5. After the above command is executed, it will appear a lot of information from the SSID that you want to know the password. Well, the WiFi password of the SSID, you can see in the Security settings.
The data that is in the red box is the password of the Wi-Fi you use.
Well, from both ways above, you can choose the way that you think is easier. This is the discussion about how to view Wifi password in Windows 10